If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow
Ah! Another lovely day at work. The grass is green, the birds are singing, the phones are ringing...uh wait a minute.. Okay, so the phones are ringing and it's officially "Idiot Day". Every call today has been one stupid question after another. Take for instance, the guy calling up saying that none of the links on his website were working. So I asked him for his domain name, I go to the site and every single link works just fine. So I advise him to clear out his temp files. "Ooops..." he says. Thank you for calling and have a nice day. Every day that I work tech support is another day closer to suicide. These people have absolutely no right to own a computer with that little of an understanding of them. It ought to be like buying a gun. You have to get a license, maybe take a few safety courses before they let you take the big plunge. I especially love Christmas, when all the well-meaning children and grandchildren by their 90 year old mom/grandma a new Dell. The bring the pretty box in, put in on the floor, eat some turkey and then leave the 90 year old to figure out what to do with it. Of course the first thing they do is call us to set up service and after we get the account set up we find out that the computer isnt out of the box yet and they expect us to help them set everything up. Yeah right...try calling your kids and telling them to get their asses back there to do it.
Anyways, enough with the tech support rant. I'm having my friend Tanya come over tomorrow with the kids so we can take some pictures to send to her husband in Iraq. This is his third tour there and hopefully he will be home in February. I Set him up a Gmail account so that he doesnt have to delete the pictures to make room for more and soon I'll be building a computer for Tanya so she doesnt have to deal with my schedule to send him emails.
Anyways, enough with the tech support rant. I'm having my friend Tanya come over tomorrow with the kids so we can take some pictures to send to her husband in Iraq. This is his third tour there and hopefully he will be home in February. I Set him up a Gmail account so that he doesnt have to delete the pictures to make room for more and soon I'll be building a computer for Tanya so she doesnt have to deal with my schedule to send him emails.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home